Tuesday, October 4, 2011

last name

i read a post about ning baizura putting her husband's family name as hers too.
Seriously, I really have no issue with it whatsoever. it's not wrong in Islam and hey kawin mat salleh khennnn.

Usually I dont comment in gossip column cause I dont see any point at all but my fingers were so gatai when some of the forumers said how important it is to have the husband's family name for the sake of official matters.

what a load of crap

your wedding certificate is more than enough for any official matters out there especially over here in North America.

I dont know what's the fuss with the name change. most of my canadian or American female friends ( yes, they are my varsity buddies) , well I shall say, ALL, dont change their name after they exchanged the vows.

Infact , I was in the heated discussion among 15 women who discussed about the last name. of course, the asians who happened to marry mat salleh were literally stood firm on their ground on why they have to have their husband's surname. others, well, err , hmmm with higher education (I dont talk about only a master's degree okay) or with impressive professional background, only wanted to be known by their maiden name.

and the minority who has nothing under their belt aka me and few others were inclined to be on neutral zone.

well, my personal experience. I dont change my last name. some people called Madame or Mrs A, which is M's family name and all my official letters are written Ms.B ( my father's name). I married for almost a decade. my male friends who are possessive type are not happy with my decision of no family name's change and not even wearing a wedding band, but my feminist friends, they all hi-fived me. and M, he didnt give a rat arse about it. infact he told me, you are who you were, either before or after we married. Although most of the time, people thought we are boyfriend girlfriend, or friend but it didnt make my life any difficult.



No comments: