Monday, September 28, 2009

Diriku sungguh tak keruan

I was in my FB when I saw a pic of a friend who was so lucky to celebrate Eid back home.

In the pic, I saw her and family, sat around in circle, waiting turn to seek forgiveness.

At the minute I saw her pic hugging her mother in the morning of Eid, I broke in tears really badly. The last time I hugged my mother during Eid was in a motel out of nowhere in New Mexico when we were on road trip to Cali.

The very next year, mak was on her own flying to New York to attend my wedding at Vienna. Ever since, I pretty much spent my Eid either alone before rushing back for exams or class presentation, or quietly with M.

In recent years, I have seen some changes or progress of how I normally celebrate Eid in perantauan. Rather than decoying the Malaysian mood by boiling a packet of Maggi, a dear friend invited us to celebrate Eid with them. The fact that she is a very good cook and she made rendang exactly like Mak made (they both come from the same state), Raya is merrier than drenching myself with tears.

Whatever it is, most importantly about Eid is the prayer, for me, at least. Although being away from home has forced me to minimize the suasana. I am blessed and so grateful to Allah for the opportunity to experience another Ramadhan and another Syawal.

Who knows, next year, my Eid will be somewhere else. Insyaa Allah

4 comments:

farra said...

kak zidahhh~

fara rindu akak lah.
hari tu jumpa sekejap sgt.
rasanya, tak sempat pun nak wish selamat hari raya kan.

So,selamat hari raya akak!( hope it's not too late)
thanks for everything, especially those outdoor activity arrangements that u made for us plus ur cookings yg amatlah best tu. =)

n most importantly,
maaf zahir batin .

Akak cun said...

hahaha ini macam nak kena jemput ke rumah. Insyaa Allah we will try to arrange some makan during raya haji coz raya puasa so sibuk u know
I wished we can go for aeriel experience tp atiqah cakap lepas ni hangpa semua sibuk dgn exams haihhh.. susah jugak jatuh bulan syawal kan.. makan tak hingat, exercise nak skip aja.. we'll see each other some other time so boleh terubat rindu aaawwwww. takecare dik non study hard biar tergempaq result k

Nanue said...

akak zidah, selamat hari raya. sedih saya. saya harap akak akan beraya dengan gembira suatu hari nanti and dapat salam mak akak. saye pon homsik sangat ni :|

Akak cun said...

slamat ari raya nanue, thanks for the words.. biasak lah all this raya blues..never end