Monday, November 9, 2009

Ooo Mamma!


It was all last minute but had been talking about it for a while. the family wanted to makan western food in conjunction of chief's birthday. Although we celebrated 3 days before sans M who was away to Montreal to earn some extra dough, it didnt dim the excitement of savoring foods, plenty of food.
I have to say that the objective of this trip is to MANGIA. and oh boy, didnt we!
The sky was still red when we left Ottawa, and with empty stomach too. The chief wanted to save his appetite for the food that we were going to indulge later. but ofcourse, I had half bagel to shut the growling.

Soon after we arrived in TO, we had some light lunch (not for some!!!); mee goreng mamak, char kuey teow, nasi goreng Indonesia, Pad Thai noodles and Black pepper sauce dungeonese Crab. M and the Chief had teh tarik kaw. it was so kaw, I guess M constipated.

we crashed at here of last minute reservation ( I did it right after Jumaat Prayer) after lunch. Madame and I were thinking to exercise before we hit our next course, but, the bed was so irresistible to pass and on TV was The Godfather movie marathon. I was torn in between okay.
But again, we need to stick to our objective. Madame and I found a spot for window shopping, alas i wasnt really ready for it and had to let it pass. And joy, time to eat again, this time we had Italian food; Penne picante rose sauce, i dont know what was M having, Parmesan chicken spag bolognese, steak with blackpeppercorn sauce and spag bolognes for the mija. Although I almost cleaned the plate, I felt like the food was not as good as the first time I tried. M enjoyed his plate, chief said it tasted like carbonara pasta. Actually I was thinking of an ice cream as Baskins Robins just across the parking station but I damn straight know that I would puke the minute of my first lick. And again is all nafsu.


Before we went back to the hotel, we stopped at :)somewhere:) , have a nice chat and drinks and left when the clock almost strike at 1am.
The next day was time to go back and we had another stop of yummilicious sirloin quest.
As the trip was none other than makan and makan and makan. we took our sweet time, woke up when the sun was up high. since Steak house opens at 4pm on Sunday and we had to check out before 12, there was a plenty of time to shop. As this quest also had a sub-objective of scouting the best possible place to spend less moolahs (which I doubt) and get more stuffs, a long list of branded stuff, not so high end but definitely affordable some of certain time. well, if you look at the pic below, out of the things that we bought, only one was actually bought and chose by yours truly whereas others are belong to Mr M. I hope he will actually do something with it rather than buat menyemak kat dapoq.
Our craving quest ended with 7oz (for some 10oz) steak with blackpeppercorn gravy and wild mushroom soup (too sour and salty for my buds). The Chief, indeed, was a happy man.

happy birthday Chief, may Allah rewards you a happy and healthy life.

No comments: