Saturday, September 18, 2010

Steak : Tanahair vs Mataair


being a true blue peghut melayu, I didnt fancy western food that much when I was still living in Tanahair. The closest 'steak' I've got to taste either daging panggang cicah ayaq asam and the one time Cleanguy treated me black pepper steak ygharamtaksedaplangsung at some warung near to Subang.

No fancy smancy restaurant okay.

Thank God for M, he is such a good cook of the opposite malaysian/eastern cooking. I, on the other hand, converted my hardcore sambai tumis teloq palate to some oh la la rib eye steak with beets salad (kannn hangpa pun heran kan kan kan kan)

So when I went back to Malaysia, a friend suggested that we had our gala dinner at our ol'schoolmate's restaurant (promote sket - Pannaz restaurant) for cowboy's cuisine, I was pretty ecstatic.

why?
1. Restoran ni masuk TV ok.
2. My friends raved gloriously about their food
3. I got to taste the real deal compare to years of amateur's who perasan like a 5 stars chef

I ordered an American something that what appeared to me not more than All American breakfast (the sausage, 8 oz of welldone steak - which i loike, another sausage, baked beans and sunny side egg)

no greens - AT ALL

Well, we all know that steak is pretty much standard. black pepper and salt. pan fried or bake or BBQ. but what make a good stake (in my 2 cents)is the gravy and how old they aged the meat.

On the second bite of my steak, M's reigns the supreme. His homemade from scratch gravy using Laziza's apple flavored non alcoholic beer, tasted thousandfold better.

I cleaned my plate like typical me the AhkaktongShamphah. I hold my tongue as I dont want to be labelled perasan but my RM70 with tips aint worth it.

My friends still raved the foods were scrumptious. I didnt say anything cause nobody bothered to ask how good my food is. Well, I am not so popular among schoolmates anyway (espe guys) and with my sister's malfunctioned blouse (keja nak menyembul bra aku ajerr.. eeeiiiiiiiiiiiiii horror mak), i pretty keep all the not-so-positive things to myself.

I dont know what jampi M sprays on his steak, but one thing forsure, I have a mataair not at tanahair who can make just how I like it. :)

2 comments:

Toni Tralala said...

That steak looks so yummy!

Akak cun said...

Indeed it is. it was so good i can always finish the 12oz in no time. :)