Sunday, September 11, 2011

taraweeh

After I left tanahair, not a single taraweeh I've performed in the mosque.

the distance, the convenience, the class , all the excuses in the world.

After I got married, I didnt go to masjid too.

Although my heart was aching to go hand in hand with beloved M, he was not into it.

This year, Allah AWT answered my prayer.

It started with a neighbor brought M to the masjid nearby.

On the first night of Ramadhan, he came home with sourly face. Yes, taraweeh, let alone fasting during summer, was very tiring. Performing 20 rakaats ( he had too cause his ride is a second man to the imam) only done after midnight.

Poor my baby. May Allah rewards him with thousand more barakahs.

I didnt go because of the red flag.

but Allah AWT knows, how happy I was on the first night I went to the masjid to perform teraweeh. of course, my knees were a bit shaky during the first rakaat due to the long reading, but I enjoyed every bit of it.

not until I went to the big mosque. I dont understand arabic but the reading was so powerful and very move, i got misty eyes.

I noticed how people is getting advanced with technology. The jemaah were using Ipad or tabs to read the quran. Of course, few makcik had the biggest quran ever laid infront of them.

that was a good practice cause by recite the surah during taraweeh, we will not get sleepy.

it's a juzu' every night. the reading can be pretty long each rakaat.

I cant wait for next year. Ya Allah, please bless me and my family and friends another year of healthy life so we can meet Ramadhan al Kareem again

No comments: