Tuesday, October 23, 2012

After Eid prayer, Ustazbro, M , 2 of my nephews and I went to ayah's grave. Due to the limited space in our small mosque's cemetery, a recycle of space is well practiced to accommodate the new passing.

Although I went back couple of times, I only visited ayah's grave once in 2002. Right after that, it was a mere salam everytime we passed the cemetery. To visit ayah's grave with M for the first time was very emotional.
Upon entering the graveyard, M told me although my father passed away, he still can listen to us and M has to introduce himself. M recited some dua and asked me to repeat after him.

My father never had a chance to meet M. If he was still alive, I can safely ensure that M and I will not commune. He was a patriotic (too much), the thought of his (most loved) youngest daughter marrying a foreigner will be repulsive.

But he didnt have the chance to meet how great M is. How good he is to me. to my friends and family. I believe ayah will fond of him like the rest.

I cried river. Because I missed him and because finally I've got to bring M with me to visit his grave. Deep down in my heart I know ayah will approve agreeably, I have made the right choice.

O Allah! Forgive him, have Mercy on him, pardon him, heal him, be generous to him, cause his entrance to be wide and comfortable, wash him with the most pure and clean water, and purify him from sins as a white garment is washed clean of dirt. Give him in exchange a home better than his home (on earth) and a family better than his family, and a wife better than his wife, and protect him from the trial of the grave and the torture of Hell Fire. Ameen

No comments: