Sunday, January 20, 2013

pujian

M has this habit of praising my cooking in front of strangers or friends.
The other day, he had a lunch conference at Canadian Museum of Nature. One of the hors d'oeuvre was vege spring rolls.

After a bite of spring rolls, M said to the server , "my wife's is better. She's oriental, that's why she knows how to make it"

Amboi! Amboi!

and that's not the 1st time.

Of course it's flattering okay but he said that jokingly. Or on the other hand to agitate someone. and that's my friend, is L.A.M.E.

********

The good thing about living abroad with limited resources and access to the our own local herbs and spices make my oh-no-so-great Malaysian dishes become superbly delish to our Malaysian friends, guests and students who apparently in dire straits of longing for local cuisine.

Usually a long list of compliments thrown at me after dinner/lunch and they kept telling M, he is such a lucky guy to have a wife who cooks very good yada yada until M's face turned green to puke.

Me?! mestilah ahkak cun tersengih2 macam kerang busuk and that makes M's face greener and sicked to the stomach.


Until one last straw, one of our guests asked M whether he knew I was a good cook before we got married. My lovely  dear husband gave a big chuckled with no answer, and I pretty much almost sprayed my guest's face with ayaq teh.

He We just kept the guest in the dark.ahaks

After they gone, M looked at me. Trying to be so politically correct, M said

" Were you a good cook before we got married, my God, were you that 'good'  the 1st 5 years of our marriage?"

pfttt.. bengong 

 oh yes. that's pretty much his face when he ate my cooking at the early stage of our marriage. hahahah





No comments: