Wednesday, June 25, 2008

kon'nichiwa Nihon-san

During our lunch-date at Japanese all-u-can-eat restaurant, I mentioned to M that if I need a place to crash in Japan, I always have a friend who is now residing in Japan but will go back to homeland soon in October, okay not so always. I told M about the tale that my friend had gone through. She took unpaid leave just to follow dear hubby who was very much wanted to pursue his Master's degree. they both applied for JPA, which for my friend's side was for the sake of pleasure and end-up, she got the scholar and the husband; niet. How pathetic is that. Since M is so anything-about-Japan-awe-inspiring, I asked him whether he is interested to live in Japan. Biensur, replied M. " and why we both apply for japan scholarship, once I am done with my Master's." "Excuse me,hon, WE?" and when on earth do I agree to do PhD and in Japan?!!. I felt like one sushi stuck in my throat or I felt like I just ate the poisonous fish that the usual Japanese resto has.
My oh my, did he leave his disfunctional memory somewhere. To reason his thoughts, I asked him whether he is very much willingly to let go his effing-figure salary for a poverty life aka student's life. And for myself, I dont mind taking a TESL certificate and teach English in Japan although my English is barely half step advanced than the Japanese themselves. but why bother asking me to take PhD. I lost my appetite of the unneccesary that he brought up. thank God, I've finished one bowl of rice with Salmon terriyaki, 1 bowl of edamame, 3 shrimps tempura, half plate of calamari tempura and 3 rolls of sushi. and I lost count on how much cup of green teas i've dunked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sedapnye sushi all-u-can-eat tu...

huhu.. mcm best je klu dapat dok kt jepun kak.. =P

Akak cun said...

mmg best pun. actually akak agak tergedik2 jugak nak tinggal kat jepun.