Monday, October 4, 2010

Duit raya

No! I dont get it anymore.

I'd say the pinnacle of people's generosity during Eid must be the blank cheque I received from my brother when I was at the age of 19.

Yes, it is B.L.A.N.K!!! until minutes later my bro asked me to write down the number. it was 3 digits and heaven it was good enough.

my tween years were my golden dollar sign years. Although after graduating and working, the older male figures in the family still giving me the duit raya. Probably they thought me as a minah karan who earn very little until later they found that I was making more than they do. Well the eldest one just about to launch his career in teaching profession while the 2nd one, well, err.. he was the wealthiest one. Thank you to all the development of the country, he hopped from one company to another with a handsome salary increment and perks. and the other two, oh well, let's forget about it!

but as the wise man said - besaq periuk, besaq la kerak.

then, my duit raya turned to be in formed of gift. hey Tie Rack's Scarf was not that bad either.

~~~~~~~

Despite the right reason of supposedly the joy of celebrating eid, duit raya seems to be driving force of me looking forward to complete a month fasting.
And again, not all my duit raya memoirs are all joy. There were years where I completely duped by sista#1 and mak.

suffices to say, duit rayaku bak debu berterbangan di angin lalu

In the marking of the end of Syawal. M and I wishing all my blog readers, Selamat menyambut hari raya.


3 comments:

kakzie said...

maaf zahir batin

~jeet~ said...

selamat hari raya kak, kim salam kat kucin sekali ;)

Akak cun said...

kak zie and jeet

diriku sama yer.. kalau terover2 dlm blog nih. abaikan ajalah