Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Saya Anak Malaysia


When a friend told me about someone who prefers to befriend with non-malay or non-malaysian, I got amused.

I was in that situation before but the other way round. Most my Malaysian friends prefer not to befriend with me.

Nevertheless, I still managed to acquaint myself with few of my fella countrymen with counting fingers.

However, by having said that, one of typical org mesia yg suka bersangka nangka thought that my life back then was depressed due to lack of my Malaysian chums.

Nevertheless, I've met the locals

who I can guarantee friends for life
who would stand by me when I need a support
who help me unconditionally without having to bring it up when the lows come in
who would fiercely defend me when someone ill-mouthed me with or without my presence
who would not bail me out in any leisure plans
who doesnt think of me only when they susah
who would never ever treat me or even make me feel like a dirtbag

Depressed la sangatkan.

We do bitching, feuding to each other but no heart taken. Sooo UNLIKE my fellow countrymen..or at least to this org mesia yg suka bersangka nangka...who is sensitip hazab.

Least I thought that they never really think of me as their friend. but time has prevailed. and terima kasih.

I am only a friend when they in need.

What is so depressing for not having friends like this? Just because they are my countrymen so they are entitled the bestest friend on earth.

But I guess they havent learn adat merantau, berdagang di tempat orang.

Selfish as they are, I dont think so they care.

2 comments:

Ammoontie said...

hi Sid,
Well said... I have been there, with the so call 'org kampong' we met overseas. Some are ok but more often than not they are very materialistic..( choose feather one !! hahaa)
Anyway the pic you posted here was from your recent graduation ? I hope I am not too late in Congratulating you on your graduation day.
Just stay the way you are ... and BE HAPPY !

Akak cun said...

Ammoon,

dulu2 my student time, they dont want to hang around coz I am too kampung but my American friends dont fret a bit.

I went to study oversea on my mom's blood, sweat and tears. How could I and to afford such luxury?

And they prefer depan puji melambung, belakang biar kutuk nak mati tak apa.

as my friend told me, " buat baik berpada2". I didnt regret things I did but I will be more vigilient in my steps

Lesson learned HARD.

p/s it was an old pic of good non malaysian friends :).