Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Secret code



When I was in high school, my friends and I had a list of secret code that only 6 of us understand. and my gal buddies were Nancy drew wannabe or at least we would like to think that we are The Famous Five - Kulim version, we copied-cat every moves, tricks, codes as far as we can go.

Anything that can leave up to our imaginations.

So, when I stumbled the piece of cloth that probably dated back in 1980s, where I handwritten the name of the first group we had ever established, I was ecstatic.

The story behind it: Ralph Macchio was a hot dude during the one of the most quotable piece of the 80's movie history, none other than The Karate Kid - BANZAI!!!. therefore, whatever we did, they must evolved around Japanese words, calligraphic, character, etc. So, it is not suprising if our first ever group named after some martial art's school

~~~~~~~~

And then come the loveS of my clueless teenage life, New Kids On the Block. When most of my galbuddies had a folder of NKOTB's Step by Step bonus pack cassette tape, I contented enough with my pasar malam's tape which i purchased for RM2.50. Of course I was envy with my galbuddies for carrying around the folder to school but I have 20 cats to feed solely on my RM10 allowance ( mak subsidized the rice) and mail postage to my penpals ( we dont have internet yet!). But once in a blue moon well that once indeed came only once, my galbuddies and I went to Penang for a movie and button-shopping. Unlike my other galbuddies who can afford to buy 20 pieces in one go, I purchased mine 2,3 one at the time. Again, I have 20 felines. When I found my NKOTB's relics in one of the boxes that tugged away in the corner, I was contemplating either to throw them away or to keep them as one of my teenager's memoirs. NKOTB is definitely my teen transition phase from Ralph Macchio's craziness pre teen era.

~~~~~~

From series of tapes, buttons, t-shirts of NKOTB, I moved to rather expensive collective items; COMICS

The genre still the same, it's all about martial art. Instead of falling in love with a real human form (Jordan Knight, Mark Walhberg , bla bla bla), I was falling in love with Naga Merah.... Naga Merah..auwwwww

If there's a Chinese or Asiatic guy look exactly like Naga Merah. Tua ni ai ai pu yau.

Aaron Kwok is not too bad either

Well, I was/am a hardcore fan of tony Wong's martial comics. My galbuddies didnt share the same interest cause it's comic people and they are like the Tommy Page's long lost love.

Unfortunately, my comics cannot protect themselves from the rage of termites and my nephews. hundreds of ringgit were thrown away by mutha cause they are not in the readable-shape. The space of my comics now is replaced with mak's collection of Wanita, Jelita and such.

Mental ok majalah2 pompuan kat bawah katil aku

Having said all these, I think I will resume my comics collection. well, some of the contents are PG18, but thanks to censorship body in malaysia, what I seen two blurry figures in provocative action. It was erased but u pretty much know what's going on. So not ideal for young readers.

No comments: