Thursday, July 31, 2008

post pohyo daghi Ahkak Chung

If you cannot stand any keperahsantanan, I strongly advised you not to proceed reading this post.

Still wanna read? DOnt say that I didnt warn y'all

Ahaksss.. In my previous post, I did mention that I missed my appointment and I felt like a fool BIG time. This time around, I set my cell phone an alarm so I wont missed my appointment again. I was at 2nd floor when suddenly my stomach was aching badly. Ironically, I was imagining yesterday, what am I suppose to do if I sakit perut during the meeting, and now, My stomach hurt so bad and I only had 10 minutes in my hand. ARRGHHHHH!! Wrong timing giler

Well, when I got to go means I REALLY am got to go. I managed to do some express colon cleaning in 7 minutes and went upstairs immediately. Met the same bubbly gal and had to wait for MrGP as he had another student with him.
To be honest, I was a bit terrified coz my resume was a 4 pages long. I mean it's more like CV than a resume and I dont even include my Diploma coz the 2 degrees I have already filled up the 1st whole page. So when I got to his room, when he arranged my a-mile long resume, I was expected he would be slashing the content here and there. And I didnt bother to check my grammar (uh uh if you noticed the silly errors in all my posts, y'll know what I mean). I mean let's leave it to the pro.

the perahsantanan content will start from here

MrGP at the 1st page of my resume
MrGP: wow (with capital W), I am very impressed. ypur career summary is really well written.
AC: (sengih tersipu-sipu). Do you think so?( of course I think so, I just cut and paste from Internet and changed the words a bit here and there). Well Thank you (aaaa aku sungguh fake)

MrGP continued reading the whole page
MrGP: Yeah this is very good. I really am impressed. you see, usually the engineering students they have all this technical skills but it's hardly to find those who can write a very good resume. they really have a problem in telling the hiring manager in a simple way without using all these technical terms what they do and know. And your resume, you wrote it very nicely and the flow. I mean, I dont have an engineering background but I dont have problem to understand all the projects you have done
AC: Thank you again ( masa nikan, hidung aku punya kembang kempis,serombong kapal pun boleh sumbat gamaknya)

MrGP continued to read and wowed and threw some complimentary words such as 'this is very cool' and 'fantastic' here and there.

then MrGP said something that made my seluaq dalam rasa nak terkoyak.
MrGP: Wow, you should teach a class to Engineering students how to write a resume coz this is a very perfect example.
AC: you know what G, this is a month worth of work. I took my time to prepare my resume. I dont rush in doing it. It's not a pressure work. Besides that, I followed what I learned in the workshop and what the website has (yes hons, say whatever you want to say, I am a BIG ASS sucking up now)

I took out few contents from the whole conversation. It just something about how good my this and that. T o top up my poyoness, I post some of my resume. harharhar

Well, dont get me wrong. If he thinks my resume is damn good, you guys might want to sample out the layout I used and have an idea how it should look like. I was like hell looking for a good actual sample and what I did was combining two types of resume into 1. This is meant for Engineering background resume, a different field may have slighly different layout.

btw, the pasted sample of resume will be on short displayed only. Will gladly to share the whole content with a special request (and of course with a major fabrication from the actual comtent)- i need to protect my privacy too y'know

~oopppsss terlebey sudah~

No comments: