Wednesday, November 5, 2008

when money is everything



Last nite when I was on my routine to pick up M from work, a french couple stopped me at the st and asked for my help to send them to nearby college coz their son was hurt during practise. I know M is going to kill me for picking up strangers but I trusted my instinct when I saw a help is needed.

Most of the time, they rambled in french which I just understood 65% of it (see, that's why I hate to converse with adult coz they speak too fast). I offered to send them to the hospital coz apparently the son has been sent earlier and I told them that I can drop them at the bus stn coz it is in my way. Instead, the husband asked me to drop them back to their home (which is not far than my house)coz yada yada yada.

Turned out that they are one of the welfare families lives behind the fence. From the conversation, I roughly figured that they dont have cash at all and unfortunately none of the nearest kins are much willing to help. I helped what I can and I made a HUGE mistake by giving my cell. buduh and buduh. they kept calling me about not enough cash to pay the taxi and this and that.

Seriously, If I have enough CASH, I wouldn't mind helping them, first and last and never mention my name again. but, I just spent more than couple of hundreds on the voiture and couples of hundreds on the credit card and my acct is going down to the lowest of 2 digits. and that's not so pretty sight from my spenditure glasses okay.

and my biweekly allowance not until next week. I was even politely rejected M's offer when he stopped at starbuck coz i didnt have any cash to pay my mocha ( I tend to pay my own if I wanted a pricy coffee dose).

too bad the mocha was not my rizq. M dropped it right at the passenger door. Irony kan.


Nevertheless, I feel blessed. although we are not rich, Insyaa Allah, I dont think so that we will have no problem of sending one of us to the hospital if something's happened. nauzubillah.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"Turned out that they are one of the welfare families lives behind the fence. From the conversation, I roughly figured that they dont have cash at all and unfortunately none of the nearest kins are much willing to help. I helped what I can and I made a HUGE mistake by giving my cell. buduh and buduh. they kept calling me about not enough cash to pay the taxi and this and that. "

ish2 depa ni..tak di tulung salah, di tulung naik tocang plak. dah di hulur tak cukup plak, bagai2 betul, naik geram aku membacanya (bukan hang aku geram, depa tu)

Akak cun said...

kannn.. aku macam agak bengang jugak, and masa aku bg duit tu kan, si mamt ni knocked tingkap van tu and terus dia masuk. aku actually dah horror dah. kalau laki aku tau..ayooo..mmg sakit la. nak buat baik tak kena gaya.
then, aku cakap dgn dia aku kena blah somewhere, so aku tak leh tolong dah. bygkanlah lina, dia call aku kol 11 mlm okay. sampai rumah aku, aku off terus cell aku.

Akak cun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Akak cun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.