Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Marriage and divorce


What a dejavu, most blogs I visited were talking about wedding or atleat matrimonial related issue. And if my virtual life cant have enough of the topic, my real life was bombarded with the same thing. Probably the musim mengawan is at the door.

Sad but truth, I dont have the full control of go-to-start-and-click-shutdown of the real life so I had to put up the conversation with the shariahlawyer in my class. Yes, I had a lot of cringes this morning.

Well, it all started with a simple innocent question like, "do you find a job yet?" and for some reasons, it drifted to unwanted marriage counselling if I, God forbid, divorce. What I found so annoying was when the shariahlawyer kept on emphasing on *husband should support his wife, woman doesnt have to work. let the man pays the bills* kinda thing. The problem is I believe in sharing and I dont mind sharing the household bills with dearest M or once in a while pitch in the groceries or pay for the dinner at the restaurant. I mean, I treat my friends, why not my other half. But the shariahlawyer was playing a religion card which I found so disturbing. He kept muttering, " In Islam this" and " in Islam that". I didnt graduated from Al Azhar but I do know my rights Islamically if some mishap across my marriage path but it our religion doesnt draw a line to undermine our feminin abilities to survive but rather to protect us.

The shariahlawyer still confius between the culture and the way of life works.

I escaped by being a bit out-of-manner. *I am not interested to discuss this sort of things*

No comments: